Updated insider information by Chellie Campbell, author of “The Wealthy Spirit: Daily Affirmations for Financial Stress Reduction”
“About astrology and palmistry: They are good because they make people vivid and full of possibilities. They are communism at its best. Everybody has a birthday and almost everybody has a palm.”—Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Astrology has been practiced since ancient days. I believe there is something to it, and I check in with my astrologer about important things. I read the daily horoscope in the newspaper, too, although they are careful to state that it is to be read for “entertainment.” That seems fair, since it would be hard for one little three-sentence overview for the day to be spot-on for everyone in a particular sign. It’s just the sun sign; it doesn’t take into account your rising sign, moon sign, or any other sign that might mitigate the prediction for your day.
But you can get some great affirmations for the day from the astrology section of the newspaper. Read the one for your sun sign—if you like it, you can decide that it is a true prediction for your day today. If you don’t like it, decide that there was a mistake made, or your rising sign makes a different prediction more appropriate for you that day…you get the idea. Then read all the horoscopes for each sign and choose the one you like best as your forecast for the day.
I’ve saved a few that make me feel good when I read them. I pick one out now and again to be my positive astrology affirmation for the day. Then I rewrite them as positive affirmations to add to my list. Here are some examples of affirmations I created in the style of Sydney Omarr, whose horoscopes are published in the LA Times:
1. “You are on the precipice of universal acclaim. Fame and fortune are coming your way today. Be yourself and you win.”
2. “This could be your power-play day. Concentrate on putting forth your best effort. Great success is just around the corner.”
3. “Today is your kind of day! What appeared to be out of reach will be yours. Emphasis on love, friendship and partnerships.”
4. “Good things in store—financial picture brightens. Astrological cycle highlights production, intensity, reward.”
5. “Time to celebrate! Hopes, wishes, desire fulfilled in fantastic manner. Many are talking positively about your talent, personality, and luck. You’ll receive rewards.”
The guiding principle is—if it makes you feel happier, believe it. If it makes you feel worse, don’t believe it.
Today’s Affirmation: “Today is my kind of day! Great success here to stay!”
Something to make you laugh that I found on the internet one day:
So far today, God, I’ve done all right. I haven’t gossiped, haven’t lost my temper, haven’t been greedy, or grumpy, nasty or self-centered. I’m really glad about that.
But in a few minutes, God, I’m going to get out of bed, and then I’m going to need a lot of help.