Updated insider information by Chellie Campbell, author of “The Wealthy Spirit: Daily Affirmations for Financial Stress Reduction”
“The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.”—Eden Phillpots
People who become very successful have a single-minded devotion to purpose. They focus on the positive goal they desire, not the problems to be overcome. The roadblocks just mean there’s a road on the other side. They focus on the road, not on the block. And they are very optimistic about the outcome. As Chesty Puller, an American Marine Officer, when surrounded by eight enemy divisions during World War II, said, “All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time!”
Years ago, a friend who lived in my apartment building was trying to lose weight without success. She came over to my apartment one day crying with frustration. She told me she was hardly eating anything and hadn’t been able to lose a single pound. When I went back to her apartment with her, I immediately saw the source of the problem. All around the apartment she had posted signs that said “You’re too fat!” “You’re as big as a horse!” “You don’t fit into your clothes!” Horrified, I told her to rip all of them down immediately. They were negative affirmations that kept her focused on the problem instead of the goal. I told her she needed to put up signs that said “You are slim and beautiful!” and “Your weight is ideal!”
She said, “But that’s a lie.”
I told her, “No, it’s just telling the truth in advance.”
She giggled, and I saw her attitude shift in that instant. She now looked happy and hopeful, with a positive expectation.
She lost five pounds that week.
Today’s Affirmation: “I am slim, trim, and beautiful!”
My friend and client, JJ Flizanes, uses the Wealthy Spirit principles in her fitness business. She has generously shared her information in today’s article:
Financial Fitness = Wealthy & Healthy
“Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.”
William Shakespeare, Henry V.
On our pursuit to “acquire” and create an abundant life, I all too often see more people neglect the foundation of life- health.
When we look at the principles of attracting greater abundance, as taught by Chellie Campbell author of The Wealthy Spirit, these same principles can easily be applied to our lives to improve the state of health, fitness and vitality.
When someone feels good, they have more energy. People with better energy attract more positive energy into their life. Regardless what level your financial goals are, they are most likely higher or a step or two above where you are now, yes? Wouldn’t it make sense then that you have to be able to handle the next level physically, emotionally, and spiritually? Without growing yourself as a person to a higher level, how can we expect to receive at a higher level?
In exercise, it’s called adaptation. Our bodies respond to the stimulus we provide and we adapt to be able to handle it more easily. If you want to get stronger, (or faster, leaner, etc) you must add more resistance or intensity to create a new level for your body to adapt to.
Let’s look at Chellie’s 6 Keys from The Wealthy Spirit:
1. Think Positive
2. Send Out Ships
3. Count Your Money
4. Swim with Dolphins
5. Survive the Storms
6. Seek Balance and Enlightenment
Now let’s look at how we can apply these principles to our bodies at the same time for more results, greater energy and vitality.
1. Think Positive- on my 6 Week Beach Body Program, our first class is about Thinking Thin. If you think you are unhealthy, over weight, and sick, you keep attracting more of those things and your behavior does not change. “Thin and healthy” people actually view things differently. They can go to a restaurant and order a salad and really enjoy and feel satisfied. Thinking thin means you reach for water over diet soda because you want to replenish and nourish your cells so they can do their job. There is a different mindset to being “naturally” healthy and fit and practicing this way of thinking will affect your behavior and therefore your results. Click here to learn more about the 6 Week Beach Body Program.
2. Send Out Ships: In marketing, this is taking action steps so that the more ships you send out, the more likely some will return with riches and spices for you. Send out ships for your body by using some of your 300+ muscles and 200+ bones everyday. You were born to move, not sit. Wake up your body everyday by doing something that is physical- even if it’s only 10-15 minutes. Walk the dog, clean the house, garden, take a class, dance around, climb the stairs a few times, etc. If you don’t move your body, it will not respond the way you’d like it to later. (or maybe even now!)
3. Count Your Money: Count (or at least pay attention) to your calories! Calorie counting is not the only (or even best) way to pay attention to your food but it is one that gets results and creates awareness. You wouldn’t stand at the gas station and try to put more gas in your car then it needed, would you? It would flow out of the tank to let you know that it’s full and can not handle any more. Well your body “overflows” a little differently but it can still tell you when you have consumed over what you need to function. Knowing your body fat percentage and calculating how many calories you need to be healthy everyday gives you a BUDGET. Your body budget is really no different than your financial budget.
4. Swim with Dolphins: If you hang out with healthy, happy people, this will rub off on you. If you hang out with people who overeat, over drink and never exercise, THIS will also rub off on you. Your energy will adapt to the dominant energy around you. Pick and choose who you spend your time with wisely. I have heard it said that you are the composite of the 5 people you hang out with most on every level: health, wealth and relationships.
5. Survive the Storms: Follow the 80/20 rule. Health is a habit, not an event. What you practice most of the time will become your new normal. Life happens and can change your plan, but learning how to adapt and keep going is the key to success in every area of life.
6. Seek Balance and Enlightenment: We are human BE-ings, not human DO-ings. Take time every week (if not everyday) to STOP and BE. Meditate, play, and rest. The more centered, clear, and positive you are, the more easily you can achieve any goal.
For some free tools to help you get started on a physical, emotional and spiritual journey, please visit www.fit2love.info and www.invisiblefitness.com
JJ Flizanes is the author of Fit 2 Love: How to Get Physically, Emotionally, and Spiritually Fit to Attract the Love of Your Life and Knack Absolute Abs: Routines for a Fit and Firm Core. She was named best personal trainer in Los Angeles for 2007 by Elite Traveler Magazine and is the Director of Invisible Fitness. JJ’s passion is helping men and women get results with their body and love on the outside as well as the inside. View JJ on video on YouTube or visit her blog at http://www.jjflizanes.com.